What you need:
- A Windows XP/Vista computer (yeah, u absolutely need it :)).
- cygwin (make sure that make and gcc utilities are installed).
- Android SDK 1.5
Steps to install:
- Download the NDK from the Android developer site and unpack it to a disk location. I'm calling this NDK_HOME.
- Startup cygwin and navigate to NDK_HOME.
- Enter this command
- export ANDROID_NDK_ROOT=NDK_HOME
(note, use forward slashes '/' instead of the usual windows backslash. Remember that you are using a Linux emulation tool!).
- Run this setup command.
- bash build/host-setup.sh
- You should get a "Host Setup Complete" message if everything went properly.